About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
We work & play. Try to divide our time with our 4 grandbabies. We dearly love each of them.

Creative space

Blogging is what you do when one just simply wants to relax.

Go ahead take a look and be inspired.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A tribute to Papaw

I'd like to take a moment and write a small tribute.  My papaw Story went to heaven 30 years ago.  I still miss him greatly,  I think and  speak of him often.  He is immensely missed by many.  He was a self educated, hard working, hard headed conservative.  The school of hard times is where he learned most.  He started his family at the beginning of the great depression.  I can hear him now speaking about life and politics.  I don't have to wonder what he'd say today about our present situation with our new president.  He'd gasp at the signing of the largest pork barrel bill ever signed by any president..... wasting money on wasteful pet projects to help the economy?
Papaw would really laugh and say, " I reckon common sense is not so common anymore." Ha

Love, and miss Papaw
Rob

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh Daddy! What a wonderful legacy PAP left Us with. How honered I feel to be Yours which means I'm his too! I would say MOST of his decedants are feeling exactly the same right now! Pap was the Best! I think we honor him by being hard-working Americans that DO NOT depend on the Government!

May we Remember Uncle Ron today too!?!? Ron, We LOVE YOU! We miss YOU! Cincinnati is NOT the same without YOU!

Jenny said...

Speaking of Uncle Ron....Can I get an AMEN on....'talk bout a hardworking AMERICAN'! What a Self Made American Man Story did Ron make? Talk about working for something? Think Ron Schreiber!
REMEMBER RON..........

King Family said...

Amen And yes we miss Ron as well.

AG said...

Loved that dad!

I remember him sitting in a chair under the apple trees cutting apples for all the kids who were running around him.

I love Uncle Ron too, and you're right Jenny Cincinnati is not the same without him.

What a Star

What a Star
I'm definitely posing here

Stylin&Profilin

Stylin&Profilin
Adorable

Just another photo session

Just another photo session
My mom loves me soooo much

We even do holidays

We even do holidays
You have to if you want something for Christmas

How it all happened is such a blurr

How it all happened is such a blurr
From a princess to a queen

It's a wonderful life

It's a wonderful life
Beauty Queen

Being cooperative here

Being cooperative here
I have on my pop a bead necklace